Monday, June 29, 2009

Sports

Sports are a very important part of entertainment in people's lives. Though soccer has been growing enormously in the United States, and going to the final round in the Confederations Cup is the living proof of this, I don't think it will ever have the same level of passion that it has in Europe. During my trip to Milan, my friend Jessica, who by coincidence was there, called and told me she had tickets for the Sunday game in the SanZiro Stadium, home of the Milan AC, one of Italy"s premiere teams. 

We arrived to that temple of sports, when the game had already begun. I was so excited to be about to presence one of the greatest players not only of this league but of the world. Kaka, Dida, Ronaldino, Batista, etsc; the game was Milan against Roma in Paolo Maldini'd last game of his career. Maldini has been one of the besr defenders in soccer history and even captain in his national team, he is a legend and one of the most respected soccer players in the world. It's very interesting to see the level of passion in the stadium. It was so huge that it felt as the stadium had a life of its own, everybody singing anthems as a unity. The game was very tight. Roma was winning 1 to 0, but Milan was not going to let the victory go away and with Ronaldinhos entrance to the field, everything changed. I felt the football as I would have never imagine. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow Paty!Look at that goal! This must have been a really amazing experience and you can only image how many opportunities for advertisers and promoters are available at this platform. Just by watching your videos I am really getting the feel of the game and also seeing all of the ads around the field and many other ways. Wish I was there with you :)

    ReplyDelete